Login to your cloud dashboard with userid / password provided in an email.
(IMPORTANT: Dashboard uses features from HTML5, please use browser that fully supports HTML5. Some examples are Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera).
- In dashboard, expand “Compute” from left navigation menu, and go to “Access & Security” section.
- Go to “Floating IPs” tab and click on “Allocate IP To Project“.
- Pool, select the “Cloud-Network-External” and click “Allocate IP“.
- You will see a public IP address (Currently a 172.16.xxx.xxx) allocated to your project. This IP address is not associated to any of your services or virtual machines yet.
- Click “Associate” under “Actions“.
- IP Address, is the public IP Address you just allocated.
- Port to be associated, is you virtual machine, or load-balancer vip.
- By default, there are default security rules that block all in-bound traffic to your machines within the cloud. To allow external access to your Floating IPs, see “How to create / manage Security Groups” tutorial. If you have “Firewall” created, you may have to update rules, see “How to create a Virtual Firewall” tutorial.
- IMPORTANT: Everything can be managed using the “Console” of your machine under “Instances”. Once you launch your instance and assign it a “Floating IP Address”. If you like to manager your virtual machine directly by SSH or RDP, request port-forwarding by using our online form located at here.
- Congratulations, you have successfully associated a “Public IP Address” to your existing virtual machine or load-balancer.